Do not give introduction to an unknown person for opening
an account in your Bank.
2. Never encash cheques/drafts of an unknown person
through your account.
3. Do not keep your account inoperative for a long time.
4. To avoid theft in postal transit or courier services
and subsequent cheating, keep track of the
cheques/drafts/pay orders sent
through post & couriers services.
5. As far as possible, bank transactions should be handled
6. Take care of your cheques books. Do not keep signed
cheques in the drawer or any place
where outsiders have an easy
7. All bank transactions should be counter checked to
ensure that the deposited cheque have
8. The monthly statement of your bank account should
be invariably checked.
9. At the time of withdrawal of cash, account holder
should physically check the cash counter.
Never hand over the cash to
a third person for counting.
To avoid bouncing of cheques:
1. Insist for D.D. or Pay Orders if you are
dealing with an unknown party.
2. Postdated cheques should be avoided
3. If a cheque bounces you should give a notice to the
person within 15 days of such intimation
and if no reply is received, you
should file a complaint in the court under section138
Negotiable Instruments Act, 1981 where
effective remedies are available to the public.
All cases of bounced cheques may not
be offences of cheating under the Indian Penal Code.
are requested that information regarding
any suspicious activities, abandoned
vehicles, articles, and other objects
be promptly communicated to the police
at the nearest police station or on
telephone No. 100. The police also
be informed of any strangers who may
have come to stay in your neighborhood
and whose activities appear suspicious.
Information given by citizens regarding
any suspicious persons and their activities
will be kept confidential.
The police will continue to organize
nakabandis, combing and search operations
and therefore citizens are requested
to cooperate and bear with inconvenience,
Citizens may please note the
1. Stay calm and do not panic.
2. Discourage rumor mongering.
3. Do not touch any unidentified object.
Explosive could be concealed in anything
transistors, lunch boxes.
4. Do not accept any parcel from strangers.
5. Sensitize all your family members,
6. Ensure that you roll up all windows
and quarter glasses of the vehicle
and lock up the
vehicle every time
you park it. Bonnet and dickey should
also be properly secured.
7. Before opening a car door, driver
make sure that its dickey, bonnet,
not been tempered with. If there
is any suspicion, help of local police
should be taken.
8. Pass on information about the abandoned
vehicles, articles etc. promptly to
the police at the
nearest police station
or on phone number 100, 25612222 and